Traveling the world, going on vacation has been a perfect escape ever since to disconnect from a busy life. It brings a feeling of freedom, serenity and happiness (mostly for a short period of time) to us. Currently the world goes through a pandemic. For most of us traveling is cancelled. Going out is cancelled too. Staying in has become the new normal. For how long? We don’t know yet. For some even work is cancelled. For others it isn’t. It has just shifted to home office situations. Schools are closed. Children stay at home. Times like these cause stress and worries about an uncertain future. These can easily become the soil for anxiety and depression – but only, if we let them. Instead we could create a vacation for our minds, to balance out these thoughts – just as we did before the pandemic, by escaping to beautiful beach destinations. Today we can escape too – simply not by going outside, but by going inside – and making this our own beautiful and peaceful place.
I’ve been meditating for a few years every now and then. I liked it, but often tended to forget about it. Sometimes I felt that I was too busy to get into the mood for a meditation – until I met Christian Fein at Lanserhof Tegernsee, a holistic detox retreat for preventive medicine. Christian Fein is an international meditation and mindfulness coach who teaches top executives, organizations and individuals on how to experience peace and serenity through meditation. His methods and tools brought my meditation exercise to the next level, so that I can even use these on the go, at busy times but also at quiet times in solitude. My life has changed for the better on all levels. Meditation has allowed me to escape all kinds of situations, and go on my personal mini vacation, my safe space, for a few minutes to regenerate and balance my mind. The results are more happiness and focus, a clearer mind, a healthier immune system and lots of energy.
Health consciousness and regeneration are more important today than ever before. Meditation is a powerful tool. Therefore I’ve reached out to Lanserhof and Christian Fein, in order to share these short yet effective insights about meditation with you today:
1. Meditation lowers your perceived and physical stress level.
2. Through meditation you become more present and you notice where your focus is or where it is wandering to.
3. With time you learn the ability to steer your focus of attention.
4. You can easily step out of rumination and find balance.
5. You learn how to notice your reactions and emotions, so you are able to really act upon and master them.
1. The most common misunderstanding is that it is not possible to stop your thoughts from being there. We should accept that.
2. Meditation is about being present and noticing where your focus of attention is.
3. Start small and slowly build up your practice; do not overwhelm yourself.
4. Generally it is best practiced in the morning; if you have sleeping problems, start in the evening.
5. There is no goal or right and wrong in meditation, it is all about the process
1. Sit on a chair or a cushion with a straight and upright spine.
2. If ok, close your eyes gently.
3. Allow your breath to flow im its natural rhythm. Focus on your breath and feel your breath moving in and out. Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth.
4. Whenever your focus wanders away (and this will happen very often – especially in the beginning), escort it gently back to your breath.
5. That’s it.
1. The most important one right now is clear thinking in stressful and challenging situations.
2. Tranquility in disturbance: being able to step out of your thoughts at any given time.
3. A better sleep quality (one of the most important factors of your physical and mental health).
4. You will be able to hold your focus of attention for longer periods (for example, when you work or study, which I find is a rare trait in our times).
5. It’s boosting your immune system naturally.
Christian Fein is a Germany based, international Meditation Coach, Management Consultant and Founder of the meditation app Mind.Mind. He supports individuals and organizations through mindfulness coaching, psychological consulting and guided meditations. For over 5 years he’s been coaching systematic hypnosis and meditation at Lanserhof Tegernsee.
Lanserhof is Europe’s leading holistic health clinic for preventive medicine with outlets in Lans (Austria), Tegernsee, Hamburg and Sylt (Germany), and at The Arts Club in London (UK). Their LANS MED CONCEPT is an intelligent symbiosis of modern medicine, naturopathy, validated therapy methods and the latest scientific research, all based in a pleasant atmosphere. The revolutionary LANS Med Concept is based on a modern detoxification therapy which allows body, mind and soul to activate their self-healing powers.
Founded in 2014, re-launched in 2019 – by Nel-Olivia Waga. It is an international luxury lifestyle blog, that features stories under the aspect of a conscious mindset. It collaborates with leading brands and specialists who share the idea of generating a positive impact in the world. Based in Zurich and London, it covers local hotspots and global trends around sustainability, innovation, well-being, health, beauty, travel, time, art, business and charity.
Nel-Olivia Waga is the Founder & Publisher of HER/etiquette. She is a Brand Consultant, an Author and Entrepreneur, most passionate about well-being, travel, nature and art. Her work can regularly be seen in her column on FORBES. Her consultancy YMPACT LAB, creates innovative marketing projects for luxury brands based on passion, purpose and sustainable impact.
#ConsciousLuxury is the theme of HER/etiquette. We combine luxury lifestyle with consciousness. Each story we share, is underlined with values. The purpose and innovation of the brands we collaborate with, are as important to us, as their initiatives towards ethical craftsmanship, sustainability holistic health and social responsibility.
This is our first step in contributing to the global movement of creating a more positive impact in the world – and in you.
Paid Partnership With Amazon
Thank you for your subscription.