She’s strong, empathetic, professional, smart and so cool. And her birthday is the same day as mine. These are just a few reasons, why I got along with her like a house on fire! „She“ is: Dr. Marva Safa. An internist (Geneva Universtiy Hospital) and anti-aging specialist (USA) with years of experience, graduated from Geneva Medical University in Switzerland. She’s a key opinion leader and expert in the field of dermal fillers and toxin, lecturing and teaching other physicians in Switzerland and around the world.
I’ve met her at her renowned private clinic, La JOUVENCE in Neuchatel, Switzerland (which she opened in 2004 and reinvented ever since). She and her team are catering to the needs of her patients in the field of injectables, peelings, lasers, body contouring treatments as well as prevention and anti-aging medicine. Her holistic approach is as unique as her, which is why I decided to partner with her on several topics around aesthetic medicine which include professional advice, scientific facts and tips to make your life better and yourself more beautiful.
When seeking medical aesthetic procedures, whether it is for improving skin quality, lasers, injections or peelings, you should make sure of the following points:
1. The first consultation should be conducted by a medical doctor such as a dermatologist, a plastic surgeon or an aesthetic physician who has experience in the field of aesthetic medicine.
2. The doctor should take their time to listen to what you are concerned about and give you his/her opinion in what are the best treatment options. A first consultation should take about 30-45 min so that you can have a coherent discussion and you can ask all your questions.
3. You need to be informed clearly about what the outcome will be, what are the benefits and side effects and exactly what to be expected.
4. Empathy, authenticity, passion and patience is what you should be looking for in the physician who is consulting. You should come out of the consult feeling like you have been listened to, understood and that you will be taken care of.
5. The physician should be able to give you his/her opinion based on science and based on YOUR needs and not make it transactional.
6. Make sure that the physician asks about your medical history and your past treatments in aesthetic medicine so that all future treatments are done safely and effectively and tailored to you. It should not be a generic or blanket consultation of “one size for all”. Each patient has a different need and each face is different. The physician should take the time to design a treatment plan that best fits you.
7. Lastly, you should be given a clear and final price, broken down for each treatment and whether the price is per session or fo several sessions.
What we should all keep in mind, is that aesthetic medicine is a medical speciality and it can not be put in the same category as what estheticians or wellness specialities can offer. It is a medical and evidence based science that should be patient-centric and done with care, knowledge, experience and empathy!
For more information about Dr. Marva Safa and Jouvence Clinic visit www.jouvence-clinic.com
Founded in 2014, re-launched in 2019 – by Nel-Olivia Waga. It is an international luxury lifestyle blog, that features stories under the aspect of a conscious mindset. It collaborates with leading brands and specialists who share the idea of generating a positive impact in the world. Based in Zurich and London, it covers local hotspots and global trends around sustainability, innovation, well-being, beauty, travel, time, art, business and charity.
Nel-Olivia Waga is the Founder & Publisher of HER/etiquette. She is a Marketing Specialist, an Author and Entrepreneur, most passionate about well-being, travel and art. Her work can regularly be seen in her column on FORBES. Her consulting studio HER CONCEPT, creates and co-ordinates holistic marketing projects for private banks, luxury brands and hotels around the world – based on strategies with passion, purpose and sustainable impact.
#ConsciousLuxury is the theme of HER/etiquette. We combine luxury lifestyle with consciousness. Each story we share, is underlined with values. The purpose and innovation of the brands we collaborate with, are as important to us, as their initiatives towards ethical craftsmanship, sustainability and social responsibility.
This is our first step in contributing to the global movement of creating a more positive impact in the world – and in you.
Paid Partnership with Amazon Donation to Togetherband.org
Thank you for your subscription.