Ruinart Second Skin – An Artistic Approach to Sustainability

Nel-Olivia Waga
November 29, 2020
paid partnership

I am ending this year on a sparkling and sustainable note – with my very favorite champagne Ruinart Blanc de Blancs and its new artistic and eco-designed clothing #RuinartSecondSkin.

Why the new eco-friendly case?

Every year, especially over the Christmas period, single-use paper for gift wrapping produces a tremendous amount of carbon footprint all over the world. We often underestimate the environmental impact of Christmas season.

This is why Ruinart revolutionized a new way of gift giving, a champagne bottle case that is sustainable, eco-designed, plastic-free and 100% recyclable!

Maison Ruinart explains the process: “The cellulose used, in this case, composed of 100% natural wood fibres, solves two fundamental challenges. The first was to ensure the casing is impermeable to light, in order to prevent lightstrike. Lightstrike occurs when a wine is exposed to blue and ultraviolet light, resulting in the transformation of the wine quality. The second challenge was to ensure that the packaging would protect and serve the wine right up until tasting. This meant the material must be water-resistant for several hours, even when fully submerged in an ice bucket.

With sustainability in mind, the water which is indispensable to the cutting process is drawn from the site, 91% of this water is clean enough to be released back into the river. Half of the remaining 9% evaporates during the drying process of the pulped paper with the other half forming part of the natural humidity of the case.”

#RuinartSecondSkin brings together the champagne house’s artistic approach and its commitment to a more sustainable world of gift giving and conscious luxury.

HER/etiquette

Founded in 2014, re-launched in 2019 – by Nel-Olivia Waga. It is an international luxury lifestyle blog, that features stories under the aspect of a conscious mindset. It collaborates with leading brands and specialists who share the idea of generating a positive impact in the world. Based in Zurich and London, it covers local hotspots and global trends around sustainability, innovation, well-being, health, beauty, travel, time, art, business and charity.

Nel-Olivia Waga is the Founder & Publisher of HER/etiquette. She is a Marketing Specialist, an Author and Entrepreneur, most passionate about well-being, travel and art. Her work can regularly be seen in her column on FORBES. Her consulting studio HER CIRCLE, creates and co-ordinates holistic marketing projects for doctors, hospitals, banks, luxury brands and hotels and health clinics around the world – based on strategies with transformation, passion, purpose, balance and sustainable impact.

CONSCIOUS LUXURY

#ConsciousLuxury is the theme of HER/etiquette. We combine luxury lifestyle with consciousness. Each story we share, is underlined with values. The purpose and innovation of the brands we collaborate with, are as important to us, as their initiatives towards ethical craftsmanship, sustainability holistic health and social responsibility.

This is our first step in contributing to the global movement of creating a more positive impact in the world – and in you.

BOOK OF THE MONTH

Paid Partnership with Amazon      Donation to Togetherband.org

MAISON RUINART

CONSCIOUS LUXURY

#ConsciousLuxury is the theme of HER/etiquette. We combine luxury lifestyle with consciousness. Each story we share, is underlined with values. The purpose and innovation of the brands we collaborate with, are as important to us, as their initiatives towards ethical craftsmanship, sustainability holistic health and social responsibility.

This is our first step in contributing to the global movement of creating a more positive impact in the world – and in you.

BOOK OF THE MONTH

Paid Partnership with Amazon      Donation to Togetherband.org